Fleming, J. A. (John Ambrose), Sir, 1849-1945Alternative names
Pender Professor of Electrical Engineering, University College, London, 1885-1926.
From the description of Papers, 1856-1939. (Unknown). WorldCat record id: 82862693
Educated at University College, London, Royal College of Chemistry and St. John's College Cambridge; lecturer on applied mechanics at Cambridge. Professor of Electrical Engineering at University College London, 1885. Hughes Medal R. S. 1910. F. R. S. 1892.
From the description of Papers, 1877-1899. (Unknown). WorldCat record id: 79015896
- Patent suits
- Societies (Academies and learned societies)--Records and correspondence--19th century
- Telegraph, Wireless (Technology)--Research
- Vacuum technology--Technological innovations
- Carbon (Chemical technology)--Experiments
- Photometry (Electric light: general)--Standards
- Electric standards--Testing
- Vacuum tubes (Radio)--Experiments
- England (as recorded)