The Aldrich Chemical Company collection, 1945-2001 (bulk 1951-1980)
There are 3 Entities related to this resource.
Alfred R. Bader, a chemical engineer and former student of R.B. Woodward co-founded Aldrich Chemical Company in 1951 as a supplier of chemicals for research purposes. The company specialized in organic compounds. He became sole proprietor in 1955 and ten years later took the company public with the first of several stock offers. In 1975, wishing to gain a share in the lucrative biochemical industry he merged his company with the larger Sigma International, Ltd. He officially retired from Sigma-A...
Born in Vienna on 28 April 1924. Education: B.Sc., engineering chemistry, Queen's University (1944); B.A., history, Queen's University (1946); M.S., chemistry, Queen's University (1947); Ph.D., organic chemistry, Harvard University (1949). Employment: 1943-1947 Murphy Paint Company ; 1950-1954 Pittsburgh Plate Glass Company ; 1951, 1954-1975 Aldrich Chemical Company ; 1975-1980 Sigma-Aldrich Corporation. From the description of Oral history interview with Alfred R. Bader, 1987 July 3...