Seattle City Light Power Management Records 1909-1986
There are 4 Entities related to this resource.
The Law Department represents the City in all legal matters and litigation, provides legal advice and opinions to City departments and agencies, and is responsible for prosecuting violations of City ordinances in Municipal Court. The position of City Attorney was established in 1875. The 1890 City Charter created the Law Department headed by the Corporation Counsel. The title was changed to City Attorney in 1977. From the guide to the Seattle Law Department Condemnation Files, 1897-1...
Seattle Dept. of Lighting and Water Works created in 1890; city charter amendment in 1910 created the Lighting Dept.; in 1951 the Department purchased the private electrical power supply operations in Seattle; current name of the agency was adopted in 1978 when the Department was reorganized. Seattle approved the purchase of the land and money for construction of the plant in 1913; construction began in 1914, and was finished in 1917. Additions were made in 1918 and 1921. The plant was decommiss...