Seattle City Light Public Power Speeches and Radio Presentations 1932-1938

ArchivalResource

Seattle City Light Public Power Speeches and Radio Presentations 1932-1938

Radio talks and public presentations related to public power.

0.4 cubic foot; 1 box

eng,

Related Entities

There are 5 Entities related to this resource.

Puget Sound Power and Light Company

http://n2t.net/ark:/99166/w6vf0qmt (corporateBody)

Puget Sound Power & Light Company dominated the power and transportation business in the Pacific Northwest region during the first half of the twentieth century. The origins of "Puget Power" are connected to the early activities of Massachusetts-based Stone & Webster Engineering Consulting Corporation. In the first decade of the twentieth century, Stone & Webster initiated aggressive expansion of the company's interests in Washington State. Its acquistion and...

Seattle (Wash.). Dept. of Lighting.

http://n2t.net/ark:/99166/w6dp2kvf (corporateBody)

Seattle City Light provides electricity and electrical and conservation services to its public and private customers. It is the largest public utility in the Pacific Northwest. Public responsibility for electrical energy dates to 1890 with creation of the Department of Lighting and Water Works. In 1902, Seattle voters passed a bond issue to develop hydroelectric power on the Cedar River under the administration of the Water Department. Electricity from this development began to serv...

Ross, J. D. (James Delmage), 1872-1939

http://n2t.net/ark:/99166/w6g74z31 (person)

Seattle (Wash.). Lighting Dept.

http://n2t.net/ark:/99166/w6k15kvk (corporateBody)

Seattle City Light

http://n2t.net/ark:/99166/w6tn21km (corporateBody)

Seattle Dept. of Lighting and Water Works created in 1890; city charter amendment in 1910 created the Lighting Dept.; in 1951 the Department purchased the private electrical power supply operations in Seattle; current name of the agency was adopted in 1978 when the Department was reorganized. Seattle approved the purchase of the land and money for construction of the plant in 1913; construction began in 1914, and was finished in 1917. Additions were made in 1918 and 1921. The plant was decommiss...