Seattle City Light Annual Reports 1910-1985

ArchivalResource

Seattle City Light Annual Reports 1910-1985

Annual reports for Municipal Light and Power Plant and System, Lighting Department, and Seattle City Light. Includes financial reports as well as comparative reports on highlights of years. Lighting Department annual reports contain historical reviews, illustrations, and statistical information. Also includes the 1977 and 1978 annual reports for the City Light Office of Conservation.

1.2 cubic ft.; 3 boxes

eng,

Related Entities

There are 6 Entities related to this resource.

Seattle (Wash.). Lighting Dept.

http://n2t.net/ark:/99166/w6k15kvk (corporateBody)

Ross, J. D. (James Delmage), 1872-1939

http://n2t.net/ark:/99166/w6g74z31 (person)

Seattle (Wash.). Municipal Light and Power Plant System

http://n2t.net/ark:/99166/w6899715 (corporateBody)

Seattle (Wash.). City Clerk

http://n2t.net/ark:/99166/w6tx83xz (corporateBody)

The position of City Treasurer was created in Seattle's first City Charter in 1869. The Treasurer administered the collection, management, and disbursement of all City monies, invested temporary surplus cash, and administered Local Improvement District assessments. The Treasurer, like the Comptroller, was an elected official until 1992, when a City Charter amendment abolished the two positions and consolidated the two departments into an executive agency, the Department of Finance. F...

Seattle City Light. Office of Conservation

http://n2t.net/ark:/99166/w6482bxt (corporateBody)

Seattle City Light

http://n2t.net/ark:/99166/w6tn21km (corporateBody)

Seattle Dept. of Lighting and Water Works created in 1890; city charter amendment in 1910 created the Lighting Dept.; in 1951 the Department purchased the private electrical power supply operations in Seattle; current name of the agency was adopted in 1978 when the Department was reorganized. Seattle approved the purchase of the land and money for construction of the plant in 1913; construction began in 1914, and was finished in 1917. Additions were made in 1918 and 1921. The plant was decommiss...