Norman Lockyer Observatory Papers c1913-1989


Norman Lockyer Observatory Papers c1913-1989

65 boxes



SNAC Resource ID: 6298450

Related Entities

There are 4 Entities related to this resource.

Norman Lockyer Observatory (formerly the Hill Observatory) (person)

The Norman Lockyer Observatory was begun as The Hill Observatory in 1913 by Sir Joseph Norman Lockyer (1836-1920), astronomer, and officially established in 1916. It was renamed in his honour in the year after his death by his family, who continued to play an important role in the running of the observatory. Following a generous endowment from Robert Mond, it was established as a centre of astronomical excellence, and later became The Norman Lockyer Observatory Corporation of the University of E...

Norman Lockyer Observatory (corporateBody)

Lockyer, Norman, Sir, 1836-1920 (person)

Astronomer. Fellow of the Royal Society. From the description of Papers, ca. 1970-1909. (Unknown). WorldCat record id: 79980541 ...

Lockyer, William J. S. (William James Stewart), 1868-1936 (person)