Dept. of Chemistry (University of Michigan) records, 1866-1994.

ArchivalResource

University of Michigan. Dept. of Chemistry. Dept. of Chemistry (University of Michigan) records, 1866-1994.

Dept. of Chemistry (University of Michigan) records, 1866-1994.

Departmental records including scattered early documents, records of experiments, 1885-1909, committee minutes, building files, personnel records, enrollment statistics, records of colloquia, lectures and symposia, and Center for Catalysis and Surface Science Files.

5 linear ft.

Related Entities

There are 4 Entities related to this resource.

University of Michigan. Dept. of Chemistry.

http://n2t.net/ark:/99166/w63p2sm0 (corporateBody)

The University of Michigan was the second institution in the nation to offer chemistry classes. In 1839, Dr. Douglas Houghton was appointed to a combined professorship of chemistry, geology and mineralogy, although he did not actually teach chemistry. Instruction in chemistry at the university began in 1844 with the appointment of Silas H. Douglass as assistant to the professor of chemistry. For some years instruction was limited to lectures, but shortly after Henry P. Tappan became...

Prescott, A. B. 1832-1905.

http://n2t.net/ark:/99166/w6xq0047 (person)

Chemistry Building (University of Michigan)

http://n2t.net/ark:/99166/w6fj8fwf (corporateBody)

Gomberg, Moses, 1866-1947

http://n2t.net/ark:/99166/w6fr2mxr (person)

Professor of chemistry at the University of Michigan. From the description of Moses Gomberg papers, 1890-1947. (University of Michigan). WorldCat record id: 34420927 ...