Library science student information cards, 1975-1986.
There are 3 Entities related to this resource.
In 1966 the Graduate Department of Library and Information Sciences was unveiled giving Brigham Young students the opportunity to receive a masters degree in library science. The program was started in response to the LDS church's difficulty in finding qualified, LDS librarians to staff their libraries. The first Master of Library and Information Sciences degrees were awarded in 1967. The program was accredited by the American Library Association (ALA) in 1970. In 1975 the program was upgraded t...
Plans for the David O. McKay building began in 1952 after an evaluation by the Brigham Young University College of Education concluded that the existing building for the College of Education were no longer meeting the growing needs of the program. Plans were officially announced in February of 1954 with the completion deadline being set for December of the same year. The building was officially dedicated on December 14, 1954 by President and Sister McKay along with members of the First Presidenc...