President's Office motion picture film and videotapes, 1961-1996 (bulk 1984-1996)
There are 8 Entities related to this resource.
Robert W. MacVicar, OSU President from 1970 to 1984, was born at Princeton, Minnesota on September 28, 1918. He attended the University of Wyoming, graduating with honors in 1939 with a B.S. degree in Chemistry. MacVicar continued his education at Oklahoma State University where he received a masters degree in Chemistry in 1940. After serving in the Army from 1939 to 1945, MacVicar attended the University of Wisconsin, where he completed his Ph. D. in Biochemistry in 1946. MacVicar returned to O...
Composed of representatives from all academic and administrative units, the Faculty Senate is the primary governing body of the University, responsible for academic policies, educational standards, curricula, academic regulations, and faculty welfare. In its capacity as the University's legislative body, the Faculty Senate presents recommendations to the President of the University, who has the authority to pass or veto any measure submitted. Organized in 1945 by the Committee on Resident Facult...
On March 6, 1961, Governor Mark Hatfield signed into law the legislative act which changed the name of the institution from Oregon State College to Oregon State University. A.L. Strand served as president of Oregon State from 1942 until his retirement in 1961. Robert W. MacVicar came to Oregon State University in 1970 and served as the University President from then until his retirement in 1984. He was followed as President by John V. Byrne who served for 11 years until the end of 1995. Byrne's ...