Dept. of Chemistry (University of Michigan) records, 1856-1921.
There are 3 Entities related to this resource.
The University of Michigan was the second institution in the nation to offer chemistry classes. In 1839, Dr. Douglas Houghton was appointed to a combined professorship of chemistry, geology and mineralogy, although he did not actually teach chemistry. Instruction in chemistry at the university began in 1844 with the appointment of Silas H. Douglass as assistant to the professor of chemistry. For some years instruction was limited to lectures, but shortly after Henry P. Tappan became...
Professor of chemistry at the University of Michigan. From the description of Moses Gomberg papers, 1890-1947. (University of Michigan). WorldCat record id: 34420927 ...