Colonial Park Cemetery (Savannah, Ga.) epitaphs, statistics, and sketch, 1887.
There are 3 Entities related to this resource.
Colonial Park Cemetery was originally named Christ Church Parish Cemetery; it was familiarly known as the South Broad Street (now Oglethorpe Ave.) Cemetery. It was the first public burial ground in Savannah, and was closed to burials in 1853. The Wardens and Vestry of Christ Church claimed part of the cemetery. After some litigation the title was vested in the City of Savannah by an Act of the Legislature in 1895, stipulating that the City was to preserve and perpetuate it as a public park. ...