Board of Directors records, 1915- (bulk 1960-).
There are 4 Entities related to this resource.
George Eastman founded the Eastman Dental Center, then called the Rochester Dental Dispensary (RDD), in 1915. The RDD named Harvey J. Burkhart its first director in 1916. RDD established the School of Dental Hygiene in 1916, and one year later graduated its first class. The first RDD Building opened on East Main Street in 1917 to provide dental care for the children of Rochester, N.Y. Although the Rochester Dental Society established the first free dental clinics in the U.S. in 1901...