There are 13 Entities related to this resource.
In Crozer Locked Section. Records of Crozer Theological Seminary of Philadelphia and Chester, Pennsylvania, now located at Colgate-Rochester Divinity School, Rochester, New York. From the description of Crozer Theological Seminary records, 1868-1967. (New York State Historical Documents). WorldCat record id: 155448343 ...
Edwin Ewart Aubrey was born in Glasgow, Scotland, in 1896. He came to the United States in 1913 and became a naturalized citizen in 1918. He served with the U.S. Ambulance Service in France and Italy during World War I. Aubrey earned his Bachelor of Philosophy degree from Bucknell University in 1919 and his M.A. (1921), Bachelor of Divinity (1922), and Ph.D. (1926) all from the University of Chicago. Bucknell awarded him the honorary degree of Doctor of Divinity in 1939....
Carleton was founded on October 12, 1866, by the General Conference of the Congregational Churches of Minnesota, which—after considering locations in Zumbrota, Mantorville, Cottage Grove, and Lake City—chose Northfield for the home of its new college. Carleton’s founder was Northfield businessman and Congregationalist Charles M. Goodsell, for whom the College’s observatory is named. It was he who encouraged the church to open a Minnesota college and he who donated part of its original 20 acre...
Most of the records in the collection pertain to the $400,000 raised by the American Baptist Education Society in 1889-1890 in order to obtain a 600,000 grant from John D. Rockefeller for the creation of an endowment for the University of Chicago. The first volume in the inventory, Record of Pledges for the University of Chicago, contains an alphabetical numbered listing of subscribers, amounts pledged, and payments made through 1906. The subscription forms and letters (1:4-13) are numbered to c...
In 1919 Edward Bushnell was appointed publicity agent for the University of Pennsylvania. His appointment began a long and expanding effort at public relations at the University. In 1954 the Department of Public Relations expanded its work to include two new units, Motion Picture Services and the Office of Radio and Television. These two offices operated until 1975 when they were phased out of a stream-lined department. From the description of University Film Collection, 1915-1989. (...