Red Wing Potteries records. 1894-1978.
There are 10 Entities related to this resource.
Red Wing Potteries
The earliest recorded pottery making in the Red Wing area is credited to a German immigrant named J. Pohl who in 1861 began fashioning crude crocks on his farm. He used the clay deposits on his own property and hand-turned his ware on a treadle wheel. In 1868 W. M. Philleo began manufacturing flower vases in Red Wing using local clay. He manufactured unglazed terra cotta ware until his pottery works burned in 1870. He rebuilt his small factory but ran into financial diff...
Red Wing Advertising Company (Red Wing, Minn.).
Northwestern Terra Cotta Company
Northwestern Terra Cotta Company was Chicago's largest manufacturer of architectural terra cotta. With headquarters at 1750 Wrightwood Avenue in Chicago, NWTC operated from ca. 1877 until its last factory, located in Denver, closed its doors in 1965. The firm was a leader in development of the architectural terra cotta industry and provided building elements for numerous Chicago buildings, including the Wrigley Building, Chicago Theatre, and Civic Opera House. From the description of...
Warr, William G.
Minnesota Stoneware Company (Red Wing, Minn.).
Gillmer, R. A.
Oil, Chemical, and Atomic Workers International Union
Red Wing Union Stoneware Company (Red Wing, Minn.).
Rehder, Ernest Henry, ca. 1881-
Red Wing Stoneware Company (Red Wing, Minn.).