Cafferty, Pastora San Juan. Papers 1919-1982
There are 3 Entities related to this resource.
In 1903 courses in social welfare were offered within the Extension Division of the University of Chicago. This program expanded in 1904 into the Institute of Social Science and Arts: Training for Philanthropic and Social Work under the direction of Graham Taylor. The Institute lost the support of the University and in 1906 become an independent organization known as the Chicago Institute of Social Science. In 1908 the Institute was incorporated as the Chicago School of Civics and Philanthropy u...
Pastora San Juan Cafferty became Professor Emerita of University of Chicago since June 2005. She graduated from St. Bernard College and received M.A. and Ph.D. degrees in American Literary and Cultural History from George Washington University. She became a tenured professor in the University of Chicago’s School of Social Service Administration in 1985. She also served as a Research Associate and Senior Study Director with the National Opinion Research Center, and was among the faculty of the Ir...