St. Vincent Hospital [1851-1979], a typed manuscript, 1979
There are 5 Entities related to this resource.
Five hospitals in all were built; the last one was secularized in 1976. The first, named the Old Seminary, was built in 1853 next to the site of the present day St. Francis Cathedral. That building was remodeled in 1865 and was used as a hospital, convent, and nurses' residence. In 1885, a new hospital was build and called the St. Vincent Sanitarium. In 1886 an annex was built, later to become La Residencia Nursing Home. The third and forth hospitals were completed in 1910 and 1953 in the same l...