Office of Environmental Management Records 1968-1982 1973-1975
There are 3 Entities related to this resource.
The Department of Community Development administered the City's comprehensive plan and provided direction and support for the City's physical and economic development through community planning. DCD was established in 1969 and assumed the responsibilities of the City Planning Commission and the Urban Renewal Program. In 1972, the Office of Economic Development was created in the Department to provide information to businesses that were expanding or relocating in Seattle. DCD was the lead agency ...
The City Planning Commission was created in 1924 to prepare plans and gather data for urban planning and the physical development of Seattle, to advise City Council on current problems and long range planning, and to participate in administration and revision of the city's zoning ordinance. The Planning Commission initially was comprised of twenty-five members, but in 1930, membership was nine. Prior to 1946, funding for the Commission came from the Engineering Dept. A City Charter amendment in ...