In Ohio, the Suffrage movement developed slowly. Women were first organized in April of 1850 in Salem, Ohio; after the Civil War the Ohio State Woman's Suffrage Association was organized with Mrs. Frances M. Casement from Cleveland as the first President. In Dayton a Woman's Suffrage Association was first formed Jan. 2, 1869, and Judge Samuel Boltin was elected President. The life of this organization was short, however. On June 11, 1912, the Woman's Suffrage Party of Montgomery County was organized. Mrs. Oscar F. Davisson was the first President, and she remained in office until 1920 when the 19th amendment was ratified.
The League of Women Voters was introduced by Carrie Chapman Catt. The formal organization of the National League of Women Voters took place in Chicago on Feb. 14, 1920. The Dayton League of Women Voters came into existence in 1921. The first President of this organization was Mrs. Minnie M. Stanley (1920-32). The organization was involved in a number of programs and studies and is still in existence.
From the description of Women's Suffrage Collection 1867-1990. (Dayton Metro Library). WorldCat record id: 31772502