Assistant to the President (University of Michigan) records, 1913-1986.
There are 13 Entities related to this resource.
The office of Assistant to the President was created by President Burton in 1921 in conjunction with a reorganization of the Board of Regents committee structure. The Regents had operated with a series of subcommittees overseeing individual colleges or units. Burton persuaded the regents to focus on broader issues facing the university as a whole. The board reshaped itself with committees on the budget, on salaries, promotion of research, student welfare, educational policies, libra...
Assistant to President of University of Michigan and director of the University Press. From the description of Frank Egleston Robbins papers, 1907-1961. (University of Michigan). WorldCat record id: 34421923 Frank E. Robbins was a University of Michigan professor and assistant to the president/ From the guide to the Frank E. Robbins reprints, 1910-1951, (Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan) Epithet: of the University of Michigan Ann Arbor ...
Outside of museum holdings, no comprehensive survey and inventory of campus artwork had been attempted since 1937. With support from the Michigan Commission on Art in Public Places, 1,076 items were inventoried during 1988-1990. Additional inventory work was undertaken in 1997-1998 for risk management purposed, but generated little new information. From the description of Inventory of University of Michigan-owned art, 1988-1990, 1997-1998. (University of Michigan). WorldCat record id...
Students for a Democratic Society was a successor to the Student League for Industrial Democracy, founded in 1930, which had merged with the National Student Union to form the American Student Union. A quiescent period followed World War II, but the 1960s saw a revival by new activist radicals, including James Farmer, who was a chairman of the Congress of Racial Equality. In 1964, the SDS outlined its ideals in the Port Huron Statement. It rejected Marxism and envisioned an established democracy...
Professor of English at the University of Michigan. From the description of Letter : Ann Arbor, Mich., to Laurence Housman, Glastonbury, Somersetshire, 1936 Sept. 1. (Bryn Mawr College). WorldCat record id: 25334822 ...
The University of Michigan's Men's Glee Club was formally established in 1859 as only the second group of its kind in the nation. In its early days the club included from seven to twelve members who performed college songs, vaudeville numbers and skits. The group began touring during the 1880s, with singers numbering fifty by 1900. In the early part of the 20th century the group adopted its present mix of classical, popular and college songs. From 1922 to 194...