The Colonial Inn on Monument Square in Concord, Mass., was first operated as a restaurant and lodging in the late 19th century. The oldest part of the building housing the present Inn was built prior to 1716 as a dwelling, later used as a store. From 1906 to 1911, it was run under the auspices of William Rollins Abrams, under the name "The Colonial Inn." Following this, from 1912 to 1916, the inn was owned by Frederick Sutter, until being operated by Thomas L. Sanborn from 1917 until 1945. Since the second World War, the establishment has had a variety of proprietors.
From the description of Colonial Inn records, 1904-1926. (Concord Public Library). WorldCat record id: 38144731