The Tallahassee Historical Society was organized on January 11, 1933 by W.T. Cash (State Librarian), Edward B. Eppes, and Robert S. Cotterill. It was originally named the Capital Historical Society. The Society promotes preservation of historic buildings; educates the public about Tallahassee's history; publishes a historical journal, "Apalachee"; and co-sponsors and provides judges for the Leon County History Fair. Its activities include monthly meetings from September through May, field trips to historic sites and districts, and an annual dinner in May. Its membership is open to all.
From the description of Records, 1933-1992. (Florida State Archive). WorldCat record id: 32413415