The Paul Bunyan Council No. 259 (Midland, Mich.) was chartered in 1951 and included troops in the counties of Arenac, Crawford, Gladwin, iosco, Midland, Ogemaw, and Roscommon. It was subdivided into three districts, AuSable, Chippewa, and the Pines. By 1969, 125 member Cub Scount packs, Boy Scout troops, and Explorer posts were sposored through numerous local organizations. In late 1959, 640 acres of land containing two lakes in Oscoda County were purchased to be used as a camp for the Council. Most of the money was donated by Alden B. Dow of Midland. Arthur E. Henry, who donated the collecteion, served as the Council's Scout Executive during the 1960s. He was from Midland. Henry retired as professional advisor to the Order of the Arrow on Sept. 14, 1974. Eventually the Council was merged into the Lake Huron Council, the papers of which are also at the Clarke Historical Library.
From the description of Organizational papers, 1951-1971. (Clarke Historical Library). WorldCat record id: 45174708