Geological Survey of Great Britain

Variant names

Hide Profile

The Geological Department of the Ordnance Survey of Ireland was set up in 1832 and in 1845 it was incorporated as the Geological Survey of Ireland in the Geological Survey of Great Britain and Ireland. In 1905 responsibility for it was transferred to the Department of Agriculture and Technical Instruction in Dublin. The Reords pertaining to Northern Ireland were transferred to Belfast in 11921 and maintained by the Ordnance Survey. The Geological Survey of Northern Ireland was established in 1947 as an agency service provided by the Geological Survey of Great Britain for the Ministry of Commerce.

From the description of Records, 1816-1968. (Unknown). WorldCat record id: 78846735

Place Name Admin Code Country
Northern Ireland
Subject
Geological surveys--Records and correspondence
Borehole gravimetry
Occupation
Activity

Corporate Body

Active 1816

Active 1968

Information

Permalink: http://n2t.net/ark:/99166/w6v451t1

Ark ID: w6v451t1

SNAC ID: 73141655