The Watterson Democratic Club was founded in Louisville in 1892. Henry Watterson, for whom the club was named, was invited to join by the original members. Active in supporting the Democratic Party, it provided music for the 1892 Democratic convention in Louisville and raised money to send its members to Chicago for the national convention that year. By 1896, interest in the club had waned. Disagreements in the Democratic Party, and the club's indebtedness resulted in the suspension of club activity in 1897.
From the description of Watterson Club Minutes, 1892-1897. (University of Kentucky Libraries). WorldCat record id: 32636503