United Lutheran Church in America. Board of World Missions.
The Foreign Missionary was published for 83 years, first as a publication of the General Council (1880-1918), then the United Lutheran Church in America (1918-1962), and finally the Lutheran Church in America (1963). It began publication with the motto "The Gentiles shall come to Thy light."
The editors were as follows.
William Ashmead Schaeffer, briefly in both 1880 and ca. 1904 C.W. Schaeffer, 1880 1893 E.E. Sibole, ca. 1893-1904 George Drach, 1905-1943 Edwin Moll, 1944 Fred J. Fiedler, 1945-1961 C.H. Swavely, 1961-1963.
Publication was monthly, changing to 11 issues (combining July and August) in 1945. The publication was succeeded by World Encounter in October of 1963.
From the description of The Foreign Missionary 1880-1884, 1914-1963. (Evangelical Lutheran Church in America Library). WorldCat record id: 48017987
Role | Title | Holding Repository | |
---|---|---|---|
creatorOf | United Lutheran Church in America. Board of World Missions. The Foreign Missionary 1880-1884, 1914-1963. | Evangelical Lutheran Church in America Library, ELCA Library |
Role | Title | Holding Repository |
---|
Filters:
Relation | Name | |
---|---|---|
associatedWith | General Council of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in North America. Board of Foreign Missions. | corporateBody |
associatedWith | Lutheran Church in America. Board of World Missions. | corporateBody |
associatedWith | United Lutheran Church | corporateBody |
associatedWith | United Lutheran Church in America | corporateBody |
associatedWith | United Lutheran Church in America. Board of Foreign Missions. | corporateBody |
Place Name | Admin Code | Country |
---|
Subject |
---|
Lutheran Church |
Lutheran Church |
Occupation |
---|
Activity |
---|
Corporate Body
Active 1880
Active 1963