Radcliffe ObservatoryVariant names
The Radcliffe Observatory was established by the Radcliffe Trustees, and until 1839 it was used by Oxford University's astronomy professors. It remained the chief observatory in Oxford until its removal to South Africa in 1935. It owed its origin largely to the efforts of the 18th-century astronomy and physics professor Thomas Hornsby. Radcliffe Observers in charge of the Observatory after Hornsby were: Abraham Robertson, S.P. Rigaud, M.J. Johnson, Richard Main, E.J. Stone, A.A. Rambaut, and Harold Knox-Shaw.
From the description of Records, 1753-1908. (Unknown). WorldCat record id: 78435220
|referencedIn||Penrose & Palmer (Firm). Georgian architecture in Oxford, England.||Getty Research Institute|
|creatorOf||Radcliffe Observatory. 1772-1935. Records, 1753-1908.||American Institute of Physics, Niels Bohr Library|
|referencedIn||Royal Greenwich Observatory: Records and Papers, 1675-1998||Cambridge University Library, Department of Manuscripts and University Archives|
|referencedIn||Wesselink, Adriaan J., 1909-. Oral history interview with Adriann J. Wesselink, 1977 September 23 and 1978 June 21.||American Institute of Physics, Niels Bohr Library|
|Place Name||Admin Code||Country|