Holy Trinity Lutheran Church (Mercer Island, Wash.)

Hide Profile

Organization of the Holy Trinity congregation was begun in April of 1947 by Rev. Theodore Foreid. The first service was held in the North Mercer Island Community Clubhouse. The congregation was formally organized with eighty members on January 11, 1948. Groundbreaking for the new church (the present chapel) was on July 5, 1948. The first service was held there on December 5th. During Rev. Dion’s ministry the congregation experienced rapid growth to approximately 800 communing members. Groundbreaking for the present sanctuary was held in October of 1958 and dedication followed on November 22, 1959. The construction of the Christian Education unit began in January of 1964 and was completed the following September.

From the guide to the Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Mercer Island, Washington, Records, 1948-2012, (Pacific Lutheran University)

Archival Resources

Corporate Body

Related Descriptions
Information

Permalink: http://n2t.net/ark:/99166/w61s9sg8

Ark ID: w61s9sg8

SNAC ID: 62902520