St. Luke's Episcopal Church (Walshville, N.D. : Township)

Hide Profile

St. Luke's Mission was established by Bishop Walker and organized by Charles MacLean, a layman studying for Holy Orders, in September, 1890. The first church was built and consecrated in July 1893. In 1935 a new church was built with money received from the Women's Auxiliary. This church was remodeled in 1958. Services were held there until at least 1968. Rectors with long tenures included: Charles MacLean (1893-1903), Albert E.H. Martyr (1915-1924), Robert Clarke (1928-1934), Eldrid Murdoch (1958-1962), Jay D. Hanson (1964-1968).

From the description of Records, 1893-1968. (University of North Dakota). WorldCat record id: 44401980

Archival Resources

Corporate Body

Active 1893

Active 1968

Related Descriptions
Information

Permalink: http://n2t.net/ark:/99166/w6wb0hh8

Ark ID: w6wb0hh8

SNAC ID: 54896856