The Reformatory Prison for Women was opened in Sherborn in 1877. It was renamed Reformatory for Women by St 1911, c 181 and because of a redrawn boundary line its fuller designation was changed from Reformatory for Women at Sherborn to Reformatory for Women at Framingham by St 1932, c 180, s 24. Under St 1955, c 770 it received its current name, Massachusetts Correctional Institution, Framingham.
From the description of Photographs of recreational events, 1911-1950 (bulk 1917-1924). (Unknown). WorldCat record id: 122405540