The Royal Theatre was built in 1914 by Charles W. Tupper and Earl C. Wheldon. The approximately 1500 seat theatre was managed by Tupper and Wheldon until 1926 when it was leased to a range of management companies including Regional Chain Theatres of New England, D & R Amusement Co., and E. M. Loew Interests. The theatre was demolished after 1955.
Description derives from resources available at Cinema Treasures, url: http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/6394.
From the guide to the Royal Theatre Records, circa 1914-1934, (John Hay Library)