Boston's Infants' Hospital started as the West End Nursery in 1881. By 1884 it was known as the West End Nursery and Infants' Hospital. From 1891 to 1903, annual reports were issued under the joint name, and thereafter under Infants' Hospital. In 1902, amid much controversy, the institution's name was changed to The Thomas Morgan Rotch, Jr., Memorial Hospital for Infants (for the son of Dr. Thomas Morgan Rotch who was physician-in-chief at Children's Hospital and one of the directors of Infants'), but in 1907 the name was changed back to Infants' Hospital. The West End Nursery was located on Blossom Street in Boston's West End. In 1914 the hospital moved to 55 Shattuck Street, to what is now known as the Longwood Medical Area, and in 1923 it moved again to land acquired from Children's Hospital. From 1956 to 1961, Infants' was located in Children's Hospital's Farley building. In 1961 the Infants' Hospital was merged into the Children's Hospital Medical Center, ceasing to exist as a separate entity. Both the nursery and hospital were designed to care for infants and children under two years of age, who were too young to be treated at Children's Hospital.
From the description of Infants' Hospital records, 1882-1961. (Unknown). WorldCat record id: 759172166