Until 1946, the Juilliard School was composed of two units: the Juilliard Graduate School (JGS) and the Institute of Musical Art (IMA), which served as the undergraduate division.
The IMA was founded in 1905 by Frank Damrosch and James Loeb; in 1926 it affiliated with the JGS, established in 1924 by the Juilliard Musical Foundation. The two schools had separate deans but were administered by the President of the Juilliard School of Music (now the Juilliard School). In 1946 the two schools were merged.
From the description of General administrative records, 1917-1945. (The Juilliard School). WorldCat record id: 30056924