Dr. Benjamin Felson (1913-1988) was a 1935 alumnus of the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. He served residencies in pathology and radiology at Cincinnati General Hospital. After serving in the military during World War II, he became Assistant Professor of Radiology at UC and continued on as a faculty member until his retirement. Dr. Felson served as Chief of Radiology from 1951 to 1973, and was later named Professor Emeritus of Radiology. In 1987, UC established the Benjamin Felson Chair of Radiology.
From the guide to the Benjamin Felson papers, 1930-1989, 1960-1988, (University of Cincinnati, Health Sciences Library, Henry R. Winkler Center for the History of the Health Professions)