The Montgomery County League of Women Voters was established in 1921 as a non-partisan organization that encourages women to participate effectively in politics and endorses legislation for civic improvement.
The League was involved in the creation of agencies to deal with funds for education, public health, and County planning and zoning. The League campaigned for the Montgomery County Charter in the 1940s, Charter revision in the 1960s and a new Maryland Constitution in 1968.
From the description of Records. 1941-1986. (Montgomery County Public Library). WorldCat record id: 40355729