Incorporated in 1922, the Company operated the Canal Street and Third District ferries running between the East Bank of New Orleans and Algiers, on the West Bank of the Mississippi River. Their business was conducted through a franchise agreement with the city government. The Third District ferry was discontinued in 1958, and in 1960 the Canal Street operation came under the control of the new Mississippi River Bridge Authority upon that body's purchase of the Company's assets.
From the description of Financial records, 1938-1954. (New Orleans Public Library). WorldCat record id: 16782022