Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church (New York, N.Y.)

Hide Profile

Church organized in 1808 as the Presbyterian Church in Cedar St. by a group from New York First; name changed in 1835 to the Presbyterian Church in Duane St. when the congregation moved its building. In 1852, the church moved again to Nineteenth St. and Fifth Ave. and reincorporated itself as Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church; it later moved to Fifth Ave. and 55th St., keeping the same name.

From the description of Records, 1940-1982 [microform] (Presbyterian Historical Society). WorldCat record id: 71831881

From the description of Records, 1940-1982 [microform] (Presbyterian Historical Society). WorldCat record id: 71831878

Organized 1808 as The Presbyterian Church in Cedar Street by a colony from New York First; name changed in 1835 to The Presbyterian Church in Duane Street when the congregation moved its building; in 1852 the church moved again to 19th St. and Fifth Ave. and reincorporated itself as Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church; it later moved to Fifth Ave. and 55th St., keeping the same name.

From the description of Records, 1808-<1982> [microform] (Presbyterian Historical Society). WorldCat record id: 40494214

Archival Resources
Role Title Holding Repository
Relation Name
associatedWith Agnew, George Bliss, 1868-1941. person
associatedWith Cedar Street Presbyterian Church (New York, N.Y.) corporateBody
associatedWith Duane Street Presbyterian Church (New York, N.Y.) corporateBody
associatedWith Presbyterian Church in the U.S. corporateBody
associatedWith R. Guastavino Company. corporateBody
associatedWith Sunbeam Day Nursery (New York, N.Y.) corporateBody
Place Name Admin Code Country
New York (State)--New York
Subject
Nursery schools
Charities
Church buildings
Occupation
Activity

Corporate Body

Active 1809

Active 1935

Information

Permalink: http://n2t.net/ark:/99166/w61c60qm

Ark ID: w61c60qm

SNAC ID: 12129738