Judson Studios (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Judson Studios is a fine arts studio specializing in stained glass located in the Highland Park section (also known as Garvanza) of northeast Los Angeles. The stained glass studio was founded in the Mott Alley section of downtown Los Angeles in the mid-1890s by English-born artist William Lees Judson and his three sons. It moved to its current location in 1920 and remains in operation as a family-run business. The Judson Studios building was named a Historic-Cultural Landmark by the City of Los Angeles in 1969 and listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1999.
In 1897, The Judson Studios was established in Los Angeles by the painter and professor William Lees Judson and his three sons. Helmed by Walter Horace, the eldest son and a stained glass expert, the Studios thrived from the start, beautifying the booming metropolis with works that represented the best in traditional and modern design. Today, Judson is the oldest family-run stained glass studio in America, still proudly offering an exquisite, handcrafted product made by local artisans, and continuing to serve the community that has sustained us through the decades.
Name Entry: Judson Studios (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Found Data: [
Note: Contributors from initial SNAC EAC-CPF ingest