The Department of Philosophy was established as a division in 1890-1891 when other divisions and departments were organized within the Faculty of Arts and Sciences. In 1913, the name was changed to philosophy and psychology. In 1934 a separate Department of Psychology was established and the Division of Philosophy became the Division of Philosophy and Psychology. In 1939 the Division of Philosophy and Psychology ceased to exist.
From the description of Records, 1906-1979 (inclusive). (Harvard University). WorldCat record id: 76972600