William Briggs & Co Ltd , transfers and traced needlework manufacturers, Manchester, England, was incorporated in 1895 , to take over the business, stocks and assets of the company Briggs & Co. The registered office was in Manchester. In March 1915, the capital rose from £40,000 to £110,000 and again increased in August 1918 to £160,000. In 1923 , the company was incorporated with limited liability. In 1939 , an agreement was signed between J & P Coats Ltd , thread manufacturers, Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland, and the company, relating to the publication of Needlewoman and Needlecraft Journals. The records indicate that William Briggs & Co Ltd were in charge of publishing the magazine and journal, with J & P Coats Ltd making substantial contributions. On March 1951 the capital increased again to £240,000. Records indicate the company continued to trade after 1959.
From the guide to the Records of William Briggs & Co Ltd, transfers and traced needlework manufacturers, Manchester, England, 1895-1959, (Glasgow University Archive Services)