The Pittsburgh and Allegheny Home for the Friendless was incorporated in 1861 in Allegheny City (now Pittsburgh's North Side) to house children whose parents could not care for them. The Home operated until 1969, when it merged with the Protestant Home for Children to become Pressley Ridge School.
From the description of Records 1902-1905. (Historical Society of W Pennsylvania). WorldCat record id: 34037945