Castillo, AnaAlternative names
Ana Castillo, born June 15, 1953 in Chicago, is a Chicana poet, short story writer, essayist and teacher.
She received her early education in Illinois and taught Ethnic Studies at Santa Rosa Jr. College in California in 1975-1976, returning to California from 1986-1990 where she taught philology in feminist journal writing and Chicano literature at various colleges and universities. She has been a visiting professor at the University of New Mexico, Albuquerque since 1990.
From the description of Papers, 1973-1990. (University of California, Santa Barbara). WorldCat record id: 122394157
- Minority women
- Mexican American authors--Biography
- Mexican American women--Biography
- Mexican American authors--Correspondence
- Mexican American women--Correspondence
- California (as recorded)
- United States (as recorded)