Dunglison, Robley, 1798-1869Alternative names
Robert "King" Carter (1663-1732) was a colonial official and great landholder (300,000 acres). His sons were Robert Carter (1704-1731) and Landon Carter (1710-1778) of "Sabine Hall." Grandsons of Robert Carter included Robert "Councillor" Carter (1728-1804) of "Nomini" and Robert Wormeley Carter (1734-1797).
From the guide to the Carter Family Papers, 1667-1862., (Special Collections, Earl Gregg Swem Library, College of William and Mary)
Professor and dean of the Jefferson Medical College of Philadelphia.
From the description of Papers, 1852-1859, Philadelphia. (Duke University). WorldCat record id: 35059917
Jefferson's physician, professor of medicine, medical author.
From the description of Miss Florence Hazard Extracted from private memoranda [manuscript], 1854. (University of Virginia). WorldCat record id: 647826931
American medical writer and teacher.
From the description of Autograph letter signed : [Charlottesville, Va.], to Benjamin Randolph, 1831 Jul. 6. (Unknown). WorldCat record id: 270744114
- Physiology--Study and teaching
- Henry Family
- Forces, Conservation And Correlation
- Patent Office
- Real property--Virginia
- Virginia--Politics and government--1775-1861
- District of columbia
- Medicine Study and teaching (higher)
- University of Pennsylvania
- Light House Board
- American Philosophical Society
- Applications for positions
- Slavery--Southern States
- Smithsonian Institution
- Recommendations For Positions
- Princeton (College Of New Jersey)
- Scientific publications
- Plantation life--Virginia
- Virginia (as recorded)
- Virginia--Charlottesville (as recorded)
- Albemarle County (Va.) (as recorded)
- Monticello (Va.) (as recorded)