Bradford, William, 1823-1892Alternative names
Painter, photographer, explorer, of Fairhaven, Mass.; travelled extensively to the eastern Arctic region; in 1871 he was invited to England to display his photographs and paintings and to lecture on the Arctic; he also wrote "Arctic regions" which was published in England in 1873.
From the description of William Bradford guest book and scrapbook, 1871-1910. (Old Dartmouth Historical Society Library). WorldCat record id: 76960529
Marine and arctic painter, photographer, and lecturer; Fairhaven, Mass.
Studied under Van Beest. Made annual trips to Labrador to paint. Was an associate of the National Academy.
From the description of William Bradford papers, 1860-1893. (Unknown). WorldCat record id: 86118407
- Lectures and lecturing
- Marine painting--19th century
- Marine painters
- Marine painting, American
- Marine painters--Massachusetts--Fairhaven
- Massachusetts (as recorded)
- England--London (as recorded)
- Northeastern States (as recorded)
- Arctic regions (as recorded)
- London (England) (as recorded)
- Massachusetts--Fairhaven (as recorded)