Informed Homebirth/Informed Birth & Parenting.
Health care organization.
National, non-profit, educational organization based in Ann Arbor, Michigan (now in Fair Oaks, California) founded by Rahima Baldwin Dancy, 1977, as Informed Homebirth. In 1983, name was changed to Informed Birth and Parenting. Mission is to provide parents with information about alternatives in birth, parenting, and early childhood. Provides information and referrals, childbirth preparation classes, books and videos, seminars and conferences, childbirth education training and certification, and childbirth assistant training and certification.
From the description of Records, 1975-1998 (ongoing) (bulk 1975-1998). (Smith College). WorldCat record id: 49517301
- Parenting--History--20th century--Sources
- Midwives--History--20th century--Sources
- Maternal health services--History--20th century--Sources
- Childbirth--History--20th century--Sources
- Natural childbirth--History--20th century
- Childbirth at home--History--20th century--Sources
- United States (as recorded)