Birmingham, George A., 1865-1950Alternative names
From the description of Autograph letter signed : Mount Mapas, Killiney, Co. Dublin, to Sir Sydney Cockerell, 1915 Jan. 2. (Unknown). WorldCat record id: 270502100
Irish novelist, playwright, and humorist.
George A. Birmingham is the pseudonym of Canon James Owen Hannay. Hannay was born in Belfast and attended Trinity College, Dublin. He was ordained a priest of the Church of Ireland in 1889. Birmingham began to publish political novels in 1905; many later novels were humorous in nature. He died in London.
From the description of George A. Birmingham Papers, 1905-[not after 1949]. (Boston College). WorldCat record id: 30829433
- Novelists, Irish--20th century--Correspondence
- Authors, Irish--20th century--Manuscripts
- Authors, Irish--20th century--Correspondence
- Drama (Irish)
- Novelists, Irish--20th century--Manuscripts
- Dramatists, Irish--20th century--Correspondence