Neville, Presley, 1756-1818,
Presley Neville, soldier and merchant, was born in Pittsburgh in 1756.
Neville fought in the Revolutionary War and returned to Pittsburgh following the war. Between 1792 and 1818 he was a merchant in Pittsburgh and was also involved in the Allegheny County militia. Neville died in Fairview, Ohio in 1818.
From the description of Letter : Pittsburg to his excellency Thomas Mifflin Esqr., Governor of Pennsylvania, 1792 Aug. 3. (Newberry Library). WorldCat record id: 38988836
- Seneca Indians--History--18th century--Sources
- Indians of North America--Wars--1790-1794
- Manuscripts, American
- Allegheny County (Pa.) (as recorded)
- Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh (as recorded)
- Fort Franklin (Pa.) (as recorded)
- Northwest, Old (as recorded)
- Pennsylvania (as recorded)