Neville, Presley, 1756-1818,Alternative names
Presley Neville, soldier and merchant, was born in Pittsburgh in 1756.
Neville fought in the Revolutionary War and returned to Pittsburgh following the war. Between 1792 and 1818 he was a merchant in Pittsburgh and was also involved in the Allegheny County militia. Neville died in Fairview, Ohio in 1818.
From the description of Letter : Pittsburg to his excellency Thomas Mifflin Esqr., Governor of Pennsylvania, 1792 Aug. 3. (Newberry Library). WorldCat record id: 38988836
- Seneca Indians--History--18th century--Sources
- Indians of North America--Wars--1790-1794
- Manuscripts, American
- Allegheny County (Pa.) (as recorded)
- Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh (as recorded)
- Fort Franklin (Pa.) (as recorded)
- Northwest, Old (as recorded)
- Pennsylvania (as recorded)