Lincoln-Herndon Law Offices.Alternative names
Springfield, Ill. building built in 1840 and bought by S.M. Tinsley for use as a dry goods store but also used as office for Abraham Lincoln, in 1843 with Stephen Logan, and from 1844-1852 with William Herndon. Bought by Robert Oxtoby and James Myers in 1868 to be restored as a tourist site and became an Illinois State Historic Site in 1985.
From the description of Records, 1840-1971. (Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library). WorldCat record id: 47670623
- Historic sites
- Illinois (as recorded)
- Springfield (Ill.) (as recorded)