Grant, Robert, 1852-1940Alternative names
Robert Grant (1852-1940) was a Boston novelist, whose books were primarily social satire. In addition he was for many years judge of the Probate Court and Court of Insolvency in Boston, and an overseer of Harvard. In 1927 he acted as one of three members of the Sacco-Vanzetti Commission.
From the guide to the Robert Grant papers, 1809-1940., (Houghton Library, Harvard College Library, Harvard University)
American author and judge.
From the description of Papers of Robert Grant, 1892-1938. (University of Virginia). WorldCat record id: 34689869
Grant was a novelist and lawyer. He was judge of the Probate Court and Court of Insolvency in Boston, and a graduate and overseer of Harvard.
From the description of Robert Grant papers, 1809-1940. (Harvard University). WorldCat record id: 612368763
- Bookplates--Collectors and collecting
- Judges--Selection and appointment
- American literature--19th century
- Sacco--Vanzetti Trial, Dedham, Mass., 1921
- American literature--20th century
- Publishers and Publishing
- Autographs--Collectors and collecting
- United States (as recorded)