Downing, A. J. (Andrew Jackson), 1815-1852Alternative names
American horticulturist and landscape architect.
From the description of Autograph letter signed : Newburgh, N.Y., to James Arnold, 1844 Apr. 19. (Unknown). WorldCat record id: 270526124
Landscape architect, horticulturalist, and writer.
From the description of Papers, 1830-1850. (New York State Library). WorldCat record id: 122583167
Andrew Jackson Downing (1815-1852) of Newburgh (N.Y.). Architect, gardener, author and nursery owner. A. J. Downing was in many respects the founder of the American school of landscape architecture and design. Downing died at age 36 in an explosion of the steamship "Henry Clay."
From the description of Letter to Miss Garrettson, 1838 Sept. 19. (University of Georgia). WorldCat record id: 259368594
- Horticultural exhibitions
- Landscape architects
- Landscape architects--Correspondence
- Landscape architecture
- Ellipse, The (Washington, D.C.) (as recorded)
- White House (Washington, D.C.) (as recorded)
- Federal Triangle (Washington, D.C.) (as recorded)
- Washington (D.C.) (as recorded)
- Washington Canal (Washington, D.C.) (as recorded)
- United States (as recorded)
- Mall, The (Washington, D.C.) (as recorded)
- New York (as recorded)