Gaulle, Charles de, 1890-1970Alternative names
Charles Gaulle (b. November 22, 1890, Lille, France-d. November 9, 1970, Colombey-les-Deux-Églises, France) was a French general, statesman, and veteran of World War I and World War II. He led the Free French Forces during World War II and later served as France's President, 1944-1945; Prime Minister, 1958-1959; and Minister of Defense, 1958-1959, before founding the French Fifth Republic and serving as its first president, 1959-1969.
- World War, 1914-1918 Campaigns France Personal narratives
- World War, 1914-1918--Personal narratives, French
- World War, 1914-1918--Campaigns--Personal narratives
- World War, 1939-1945--Underground movements
- Republic of France, 00, FR
- Lille, B4, FR